Give your home a facelift and remove all signs of old brickwork with a total rendering makeover. Transform your home into a new stylish, modern look and add value to your property.
The exterior of your home says a lot about its age and when it was built (i.e. brown or red brick was a big trend in the 70’s). If the walls are worn and weary and scream I’m from the 70’s, this can bring down the look of the house and could also mean a lower sale price.
Do you house a favour and enhance its appearance and durability. These days you can choose from dozens of styles, textures and colours to create the look and style you want and when finished, you’ll be amazed at the results.
There are loads of reasons why everyone is rendering, the question is why not?
Increase your homes value
Modernise your home and make it more appealing to buyers
Repel water – brick is protected against water damage and cracking
Fix damaged walls – render repairs cracks and the condition of walls
What you can render:
- All of your home – give your whole house a facelift
- Front of house rendering – many home owners choose to render their front walls to improve the view from the street. A great option for those on a tight budget.
- Inside brickwork – brown brickwork inside your home that keeps the home dark and gloomy. Rendering inside can also brighten up rooms and create a happier atmosphere
- Boundary (fence) wall – render your old brick boundary wall and change the view from the street. You can choose a limestone finish or maybe try for a Mediterranean look
- You can also render your barbeque or letter box
How much does it cost?
The cost of rendering any surface (in particular your home) will always depend on a few key things; location, size and scope of the project and the renderer’s individual fees (which can vary).
One of the most common types of render is concrete, which can be applied to a range of surfaces including brick, stone and cement. This tends to cost between $35 and $50 per square metre, depending on the rendering material utilised and finish required.
A rough estimate for a small single storey home would be in the region of $4000 to $5000 for the entire job.
Not too bad when you think what rendering can do for your home.
(Your local Gold Coast Builder, specialising in commercial building)